Google

5.29.2012

Nivea Wedding Prep Kit

Mia getting curious with the package
Hi everyone, how is your week going so far?

   I was approached a few weeks ago by Nivea if I wanted to try out a few products for my husband and I.  They sent me a few items in their Bridal Boot Camp Kit, and just in time too!  Everyone seems to be getting ready for a wedding, whether it's a friend or their own.  At work, we're selling out of bachelorette items left and right.  Who knew penis straws were such a hot commodity?


   Here is a pic of the amazing package I got from Nivea, isn't the packaging cute?  I promptly handed Mr. R his package and told him to go take a shower so he could give me feedback.  


   Here is the Nivea for Men's lotion, it comes with a pump dispenser.  I tend to like pump dispenser because they're easier to use and you don't get lotion all over the bottle.  This is a pretty thick lotion, not exactly a light cream.  It's described as having a "Sea Minerals" scent, which I think is pretty accurate.  To me it smells fresh and clean, without been overbearing.  At first it feels a little greasy, however this feeling doesn't last long.  The lotion absorbs pretty quickly into the skin, which I like.  Mr. R can't make the claim that it lasts 24 hours, but it will definitely last a while.


   Here we have Relax Body Wash, which claims to be a 3 in 1 body, hair and face wash.  It also contains microbeads to exfoliate.  I don't know if I would use this as a shampoo, I feel like the microbeads would stay in my hair.  Also I prefer using a separate cleanser for my face.  However, my husband is a "less products, the better" type of guy.  It smells almost exactly like the lotion, with something extra that I couldn't place my finger on.


   Now on to the fun stuff, my stuff!  First product I noticed was Vitamin Swirl lip balm.  I don't know about you guys but I am constantly searching for the perfect lip balm to wear under my lipsticks.  My lips naturally seem dry and trust me, wearing lip tars and long wearing lip products does not help.  Oh the sacrifices we make for bright lips!



   Isn't that swirl pretty?  I like that this contains SPF 10 because to be honest I am forgetful about these types of things.  If I can find a product that does it for me, all the better.  It states that it's infused with  açai and apple as well as antioxidants.  I don't know how many people have actually smelled real açai, I've only come across it in pulp form.  It smells a little bit like pomegranate.  You can smell the apple and açai notes in this product and none of the SPF smell.  Another thing to note, it smells all fruity and yummy but it doesn't have a taste.  To me, this is a bonus since I find that I'm not licking the the lip balm off.


   Here is a swatch of  "A Kiss of Vitamin Swirl"on my hand.  As you can see, it doesn't have much of a color.  I find it leaves a slightly rosy tint to my lips.  It's not super glossy or shimmery which I prefer since I want to wear this under lipstick.  As for the feeling?  It feels exactly like a lip balm, not waxy nor greasy.  I've been using this at night before I go to bed for the past 2 weeks and I have found that my lips don't feel as dry.


   I also received a bottle of their Extended Moisture formula, which trust me, I will go through!  I'm actually really bad at moisturizing, I always forget.  I've been keeping this baby on my nightstand and I've been remembering to use it.  


   It has a nice thick formula, compared to other lotions that feel a little watery.  At first it looked a little greasy going on, and I got worried.  However, it completely absorbed into my skin and I was left with smooth hands.  It is scented but I can't really describe it.  I detect a slight floral note to it. I find that that scent fades away as the lotion is absorbed by your skin.  To me, this is great because I notice strong fragrances trigger my migraines.  As a result, I'm always wary about what lotions I use.  Also, since the scent fades, you never have to deal with the scent clashing with whatever other fragrances you may be wearing.


   I want to apologize for being such a bonehead, I forgot to take photos of the bodywash.  I have to be honest, I LOVE this product.  It not only contains microbeads, it also has these grainy particles as well.  The particles kinda remind me of toothpaste with baking soda, it's that kind of grain.  It lathers up nicely and actually makes me feel like my skin is softer and mosturized when I'm all rinsed off.  It has a strong clean sent which I like, reminiscent of the Relax Body Wash, but a little girlier.


   What do I think about these products?  I think that they're pretty awesome, especially since they can be found in practically every drugstore.  Don't get me wrong,  I loooooooove me some fancy bath products but I don't always have the luxury of soaking in a tub.  So for me, these products work for my time constraints.  I definitely plan on purchasing the lip balm and the body wash once I run out. 

Here we have Ms. Mia posing in the box for me.  She also approves of these products.  

What do you guys think? Have you tried any of these products?

*This product was provided by the company for review, however this in no way influences my opinion.  For more information, please view my disclosure policy*


12 comments :

  1. That last picture of the cat in the box confused me at first! Adorable.
    I think Nivea lip balms are amazing, I have a Pearl Shine one which I sometimes wear by itself as it works so well. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, she confuses me too. She couldn't wait for me to take everything out id the box so that she could jump in. this is actually my first experience with nivea lip products, but I don't think it will be my last.

      Delete
  2. HAHA that is funny that you're selling out of penis straws at your work :) love the pictures of kitty in a box!

    I am hosting a 150 follower BENEFIT COSMETICS giveaway, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we call it bachelorette season, it's when everyone wants blow up dolls and the like, haha.

      Delete
  3. Awww your cat is so cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! She's my little nosy monster!

      Delete
  4. Nivea lipbalms are the best... this is an awesome kit and your cat is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you believe this was my first time trying one! It's amazing for using under lipstick.

      Delete
  5. I've known nivea products for years! I think it must be the first International products that arrived in the country.
    I've never used this specific series but I really love their products. And your description of the smell makes me wanna go check it out!
    Also, I love the last product :-D
    Mia is ADORABLE and very much reminds me of Xantippee - my own baby :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it out, it's amazing! I think Mia knows she's cute and knows she can get away with murder, haha.

      Delete
  6. That swirl is soooo cute... I'd probably buy it just for the swirl haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't lie, the swirl hooked me in. And when I realized it was a great product, well, it was instant love.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!