Google

5.28.2012

Michael's Haul!


I don't know about you, but I love me some Michael's!  Whenever I get a coupon in my inbox, trouble brews...  The pic above shows what I mean.


I've seen people do nail art using flocking powder.  I immediately went over to the scrapbook aisle to see what I could find.  Trust Martha Stewart to make everything better!  Because flocking powder is not enough, she just had to come out with GLITTER flocking powder!  Now I can have glittery teddy bear nails! And that is a good thing...


Also new in nail art are caviar (or fish egg manicures).  I saw that Ciate was selling a kit at Sephora, that of course was sold out.  Which was great for my pocket because it meant I could stock up on microbeads at Michael's.


Ciate is charging $25 for their kit.  I got those huge containers for less than $5 each!!!


And this kit was only $19.95.  Also I came armed with coupons for 20% off my entire purchase which was sweet.  And my by armed with coupons, I mean I had the app to show the cashier.  I secretly aspire to be like those crazy couponers, so using coupons at Michael's gives me a thrill.


.

And now onto the nail polish...  Since I was already on the Upper West Side, I took advantage to check out one of the few beauty supplies that sell China Glaze: Beauty Plus Salon.  They happened to have the OPI Spderman collection and I happened to grab these two beauties, Number One Nemesis and Just Spotted the Lizard.  Here we have Number One Nemesis, taken without flash.


Here is Number One Nemesis with flash.  It's said to be a dupe for Chanel's Graphite, which I don't have.  I love how speckled it looks.  There are also glints of gold and silver as well.


I had to buy  Just Spotted the Lizard, there's no doubt about that.  I mean, look at all the duochrome in the bottle!  Yes, the formula can be a little brushstroke-y so take your time with it.  The pic above is taken with flash, you can see that the duochrome is actually visible on the nail.  


 I also took a pic without flash so you can see how prominent the golden-green is. Also, this is a dupe of Chanel's Peridot.  However the Gap and Jessica brands have come out with this same color as well.  To be honest, these two colors were the only ones I liked from the Spiderman collection.


I also picked up China Glaze's Flip Flop Fantasy, after bring inspired by Lacquer Me Silly's great swatches. Why did I wait so long to get this??? Swatches coming soon!

What do you think about using different textures in manicures?  Did you get anything from the Spiderman collection?





10 comments :

  1. The fish egg mani is a lot of fun to do! But my only issue with it is how the beads I bought from Michaels faded after I washed my hands. I'm assuming the Ciaté ones won't, since they are specifically made for manicures. I'd like to see someone mention if it does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you try using a top coat? I tried the manicure both with and without top coat. I know what you mean about fading though.

      Delete
  2. Great haul! I've been wanting to do some nail art with micro beads for a while!

    Sharleena xx
    markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it looks so fun and is easy to do!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I am so jealous. I would loooooove to have a shop like Michael's around here... Those micro beads and flock just look so so much fun!!!

    As for the polish - I don't have any OPI but I do have Jessica's and by the pics i've seen, I think OPI has a little warmer tones then Jessica's. So I still keep OPI's in my wish list, just in case ;-)
    Thanks for sharing this fun haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty fun but are not meant to last more than a day or two. I haven't seen the Jessica's anywhere except on the internet, which may be for the best. The last thing I need is a another polish line to fall in love with!

      Delete
  4. haha Flip Flop Fantasy is a total must-have for summer, isn't it? I can't wait to see some of your caviar manicures!!


    I am hosting a 150 follower BENEFIT COSMETICS giveaway, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! However, I CANNOT wait for the new China Glaze collection to be available... Can never have too many neons!

      Delete
  5. I love michaels and michaels printable coupons. By the way i am impressed by your nail art i am thinking of buying the beads and flock next time when i will shop at michaels :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should! let me know if you try it out!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!