Google

5.08.2012

Face of the Day: Purple Monochrome

   Do you find yourself getting stuck in makeup ruts?  Like you know you can do more than just slap on some lip balm and nude eyeshadow, but you can't muster the energy to ACTUALLY do so?  Or you're so busy you don't have the time to perfectly contour everything?  I've been feeling like that lately, haha.  However, I'm happy to say, I've gotten out of the rut.  Here's a purple monochrome look I did in celebration.


You know how they say that purple enhances brown eyes?  I decided to put that to the test, going with a "neutral" purple.  By neutral, I mean that it's not too warm or cool-toned.  I decided to use my matte 88 palette (hilarious because a portion of the shadows contain shimmer) and have fun with it.  I used NYX eyeshadow base in White and then applied a light beige color all over the eyelid.  


   Using a crease brush, I applied a medium shimmery purple, blending it out well.  I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Royal Velvet and lined the outer half of my eyes.   I also used Royal Velvet on my waterline.  For my inner eye highlight, I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese.  Can I just say how much I love these pencils!  They make my life so easy, I must have almost all of them.  I finished this off with Bad Gal mascara and I was done with my eyes.


   In keeping with the purple theme, I went with Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Lilac Pastelle, a creamy lavender gloss.  Lately, I find myself reaching for lavender shades like this and Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in Digitalis.  Maybe it's spring fever?  A little bit of NYX Mosaic Blush in Plummy and I was good to go.

Is there a certain color you keep reaching for in springtime?

Also I entered INGLOT's "Faces of New York" when I was at IMATS.  Please help me win by voting and clicking the "+" sign.  Thank you so much!!! Here is the link:http://ow.ly/i/AR5I  

30 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. What! I'm always stunned by your blog posts! xx

      Delete
  2. Sooo pretty and all the rage for Summer! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was kinda hesitant to wear purple before because my hair was purple, but now the floodgates are open, lol.

      Delete
  3. Love love love this look! So pretty, and the colours are so lovely and vibrant! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! and I totally know what you mean by being in a rut. The past few days it's been humid as hell here and I just couldn't muster up the energy to spend time doing my makeup just to sweat it off. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ugh, don't remind me of humidity... It's been rainy and weird here lately. So I don't make an effort if it's gonna rain. At least, that's the excuse I go with.

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty and actually great for the daytime. I love the way you added in the brown to tone down the purple. I did a look quite like it actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I want to keep it semi-day friendly since I was going to work. Good thing my job doesn't care about my make-up :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, I want to play around with some jewel tones.

      Delete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous!

    ~Sherine
    Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous purple, I wish I had the guts to pull it off! And I love those NYX jumbo eye pencils, they are so convenient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they? You should try it out. Just try it on the outer corners of your eyes for a pop of color, to start out with.

      Delete
  9. I love the name of your blog! I also love this look!

    New Follow :) Showing you some love across the social networks :)

    xo, Jersey Girl

    hairsprayandhighheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Already subbed, love. xx

      Delete
  10. this is such a fab look, you are absolutely divine in purple mi amor <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graciasssssssssssssss, when am I going to see you again?!

      Delete
  11. Super pretty eyes!

    Found your on bloglovetherapy!
    Im your new follower,
    Dianaluv

    http://dianaluv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your eyes are ahhhhhhmazing as well! already subbed to your blog! xx

      Delete
  12. hmm.... after seeing this post (sorry, I missed some recently. But I am fixing it now!!) I think I prefer this look over the eye-liner.
    Strange, I saw you with the eyeliner and your cat-eyes and light lip color and thought - WOAH!! This is AWESOME!!
    Then I saw this look and thought - WOAH!! This is BETTER!!
    I wonder what I am going to see as I got back in your posts LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I know what you mean about playing catch-up on blog posts! However, I always like having something new to read!

      Delete
  13. Oh my days I absolutely LOVE this face of the day. I love purple and its quite understated! may have to be a big copy cat!!


    beautyconfessionsofabiggirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh try it! I'd love to see it if you do! xx

      Delete
  14. Very pretty look, the purple really does go well with your eyes. I'very got so much make up I try to rotate it every week or two so I don't get in to a rut, but I've got favourite lippies x :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my intention is always to try something different. Whether or not that happens is a different story, haha. As for lippies, I am OBSESSED with OCC Liptars...

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!