Google

4.18.2012

NOTD: LaSplash Sparkling Tailscales over Mattese Elite Solid Gold


   I finally removed my Blue Sparrow manicure.  I was a little scared of Smurf hands (blues are NOTORIOUS for staining) but it removed pretty easily.  This time I was going for something sparkly since the word "subtle"is NOT in my vocabulary.  So I thought, why not gold?

   My favorite gold polish has to be Mattese Elite Solid Gold.  First, who doesn't want to be reminded of this:

   Solid Gold is a cool toned gold foil, which is a lot more forgiving brush stroke-wise than a metallic.  It is practically opaque in one coat but I usually use 2.  I love how this gold is cool-toned, most are too warm for my taste.  It makes for an awesome pedicure as well.  This time I only went with 1 coat of Solid Gold since I was layering.  I then reached for Sparkling Tailscales, a sheer holographic gold.  I do think that this color is better suited for layering, otherwise you will go insane trying to achieve opacity...  At one coat my nails were bling-y and sparkly but at 2 coats they were drag queen worthy (trust me, this is a compliment of the highest order!)  The holo effect is scattered, as opposed to a linear holo.  It dries fairly smooth to the touch.

   Let me just say that pictures cannot capture how crazy sparkly this was, whether indoors or outdoors.  I could not stop looking at my nails, customers must've thought I was crazy.  This was actually the manicure I chose to wear to IMATS.  I'm such a nerd, I told the lovely ladies at the LaSplash booth that I was wearing Sparkling Tailscales...


For some reason, my bottle was labeled "Tailscales", yet the LaSplash site and Cherry Culture site (where I purchased it from) have it listed as Sparkling Tailscales.  Weird.

10 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I almost didn't want to take it off, lol.

      Delete
  2. I like it, it's very sparkling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I swear the camera didn't pick up how crazy this color combo looks.

      Delete
  4. Love the polish. I remember Solid Gold! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your nails are so beautifully neat - I'm jealous!;-) thank you for visiting my blog, it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I try to keep them them neat, it's a bot of a battle, lol. I'm quite clumsy so I'm always chipping them.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!