Google

4.06.2012

NOTD: Jelly Sandwich and NAILMAIL!!!




   Let's start with the nail mail, shall we?Sorry for having to post Instagram pics buuuuuuut when I got this package, I just had to take a pic!  I had recently purchased some polish through Trace Face at the beginning of the week.  Imagine my surprise when I got to work today and the package above was waiting for me?!  I loved how the polishes were wrapped, so cute.


   I'm gonna be real, I totally geeked out when I saw China Glaze OMG included in the blog sale... And when I saw Glitter Gal Light as A Feather.  I also got Sally Hansen Nail Prism in South Sea Pearl.  I can't wait to swatch them! My coworkers laughed at me... but then asked to try on OMG. And since I am a kind and benevolent soul, I did.


   On to the nail of the day... or more accurately, nail of the day 3.  I kept meaning to photograph this but life has this funny way of interfering.  I'm currently working on a new workshop for May so that has me a bit occupied.  I decided to do a jelly sandwich using my beloved Essie Marshmallow and Love & Beauty nail polish in Red,White, Black Glitter (Forever 21).  I used one coat of Marshmallow then the glitter, then Marshmallow again.  I want to say that Wet n Wild Spoiled has a dupe for the glitter, I think it's called Shuffle the Deck, but I don't own it.  Honestly I recommend trying the Wet and Wild over this polish, even without trying it.  I don't know (nor do I want to know) what chemical warfare was put into this polish but it gave me a migraine within 5 minutes of using it.  Trust me, I'm not THAT sensitive to migraines, this is the first time it's happened to me because of polish.  This stuff smells strong, people!  With that being said, I like how the silver glitters turned opaque with the jelly polish on top. 

Are you a fan of the jelly sandwich?  What's your favorite jelly polish to use?

Also if you're on instagram, you can find me @liquorlubeandlipstick.


12 comments :

  1. The way you described the Love & Beauty polish made me instantly think of Shuffle the Deck (which I have, but haven't tried on yet >.<). But that's strange how Love & Beauty gave you a migraine, I've used their other glitters before and I don't remember the smell being notably irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I found it odd as well. I've used their other polishes and never had that reaction. But man, it was awful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, jelly sandwiches are about as deep as I get with nail art.

      Delete
  4. So pretty. Love the polish.

    http://myminibag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love what I got. I'm not ready to use OMG yet, lol.

      Delete
  5. I LOVE jelly sandwiches! So pretty! Sorry about the migraine inducing polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, I love any excuse to wear glitter. I will definitely think twice before purchasing a glitter from Forever 21. I practically had to sand it off my nails. I even used the foil method!

      Delete
  6. lol may i now imagine you getting that package starting to squee and everyone around is just staring? (please? because this always happens to me...)

    btw, thanks for your comment on my blog, you got a new follower <3 lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you may because that is exactly why what I did. So much for playing it cool... Good thing everyone I work with has their squee moments as well. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  7. Hooray, jelly sammich! So delicious! This makes me want Essie Marshmallow reallly bad! And great nail mail, too, jealous of the glitter gal especially! That packaging is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's jelly sammich time! I swear I may have flipped out when I saw the Glitter Gal listed, I had been wanting that color for so long! Trust me, Marshmallow is worth it.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!