Google

4.03.2012

NOTD: Icing After Party over Mattese nail polish in Black

   Here is the manicure I went with after my haul post: Icing After Party over Mattese Elite in Black.  I grabbed the Mattese because it was within reach... It's a smooth one-coat black, what else can I really say about it?  If you happen to be at a Ricky's, then go for it, it's cheaper than OPI's Black Onyx.  Otherwise, go with Wet n Wild's Black Creme and save yourself a few bucks.  The application on both was supremely easy.  I love how this looks and it was so easy to do!  I feel like I'm wearing crushed jewels or glass on my nails!  After party, as I may have mentioned before, applies really easy.  The clear base is not too thick nor do you have to go fishing out pieces of glitter. 

   Aaaaaaaand because I cannot leave well enough alone, I threw some crackle over it.  It was wearing well but I wanted a bit of change.  I applied China Glaze Cracked Medallions on my ring and thumb and $OPI Blasted Silver just for fun (actually because I couldn't make up my mind).  I do like how you can see the glitter through the cracks.

All I have to say is, thank goodness I work in a place were my makeup and nails can be as loud as I want, haha.

13 comments :

  1. Ahhhh your post made me realize that I have After Party, what a fun polish!!! Icing has really been coming out with some awesome stuff lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it, I want to put it over everything! This was my time buying Icing polishes, since there are none near me (that I know of) but I would definitely buy more!

      Delete
    2. i can't find the comment button. I love these colors!!!!!!!! the sparkly stuff for sure! i'm definitely too lazy to use glitter because its always so hard to remove. but actually, i just did some 3D glitter that i bought at sephora like in january and have never used. its cute. and i used a konad stamp too.

      Delete
    3. I wanna see the 3D glitter! I remember the konad set, I tried it but not sure if I have the patience. I will always be faithful to glitter, lol. Even if I have to use sandpaper to get it off.

      Delete
  2. Love your nails, super cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love After Party, and it looks particularly awesome over black, I think! Mmm, jagged multicoloured glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't lie, I got a bit excited when I found it at the store. My cousin looked the other way, lol.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Gonna make me blush! I always love your eye makeup!

      Delete
  5. I love this combo, the glitter over the black and the crackle over the glitter! So cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, for a hot second I thought it might be overkill. Then I remembered that I worked in Greenwich Village, where overkill was invented, lol.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!