Google

4.09.2012

NOTD: China Glaze Blue Sparrow

tried to get the photo as close to the color as possible.
   After wearing my pastel watermarble for Easter, I decided something bright was in order.  I went with China Glaze Blue Sparrow, a neon blue jelly with teal/light blue micro glitter.  I had worn this color previously before and dismissed it as a problem child.


    My problem with this polish was how runny it was.  It loooooves to pool in cuticles so be wary when applying.  Also it needs at least 3 coats to be even.  I even wore Sally Hansen Xtreme in White On, thinking i could get away with only 2 coats of Blue Sparrow.  No dice, I still used 3 coats.  The first coat goes on patchy as hell but the second one goes evenly.  Since it is a neon, it dries matte and a little gritty because of the glitter.  I definitely recommend a top coat for this polish.



   Here is a closeup of the bottle.  Look at all that glitter!!!  It's funny, in the bottle Blue Sparrow looks milky, almost creamy but is definitely a jelly. Also it kept photographing super light but it's not.  It is a little darker than the photos would lead you to believe.  Since the glitter is actually light blue instead of silver, it doesn't "twinkle" as much.


   I'm still not sure how I feel about this color.  I love how blues look on other people but I'm not totally crazy about them on me.  I prefer greens, I think...  That being said, Blue Sparrow is a pretty color that has a problem formula.  I think I might try layering it with UO Dust, with looks to be a dupe for Deborah Lippman Today Was a Fairytale.  If I do, I will update this post. 

I will try to update, but I have a friend from Brasil visiting, so that may not happen. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

22 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I really loved your easter mani, btw.

      Delete
  2. That is a really pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I'm still trying to wrap my head around it? As i mentioned before, I'm not usually crazy for blue on my nails.

      Delete
  3. that is soo pretty i love that blue

    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Checked out your blog, loved it!

      Delete
  4. I really love how this has blue shimmer instead of silver... seems more unique that way! It looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! You are nominated for an award, for details visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi hun. I awarded you with a Blog Award
    http://beautymakeupaddict.blogspot.ca/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is such a pretty color! a bummer that's its runny and needs 3 coats! great post! I subbed! I found you on Beauty and the Mists blog! :)

    XO/LB
    http://laurenslodown.blogspot.com
    twitter: @XOLB22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sub, am subbing back!

      Delete
  8. That colour is amazing! I've never tried China Glaze before! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, once you try one, you can't stop! xx

      Delete
  9. Love this! It's on my want list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it the first time I tried it but I've warmed up to it, lol. Flying Dragon (from the same collection) also awesome.

      Delete
  10. Oh dear. You've just helped expand my already-huge list of wants! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm sorry! I definitely know the feeling.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!