Google

4.19.2012

New Hair!


As you may have been able to see in previous pics, I used to have purple/pink ombréd hair.  While I love how it looked, I felt that a change was necessary.  Luckily, one of my friends Liz, happens to be an AMAZING hair stylist.  I went to her, asked for something different and this is what I got: teal and yellow highlights.  However the extra special thing about my hair color is that she managed to dye it so that it looks like the feather extensions I've been seeing everywhere.


   I usually keep my hair on the pink/purple side of things, but I wanted to try something different.  I haven't had blue hair for about 5 years?  

   When she bleached my hair, the pink parts lifted to an awesome lavender pink/ light peach color.  We decided to keep some of this in.  The rest of the ombré was tinted an inky deep purple (it looks almost black.

   I had the same type of color put in on the other side of my head, but it was more teal than yellow.  When I tried to photograph it, the blue didn't really show up.    

   I can't stop raving about how much I love it!  I do want to add some more color to my hair, so I'll post that up when I do.   I love how all the colors are subtle (except for the yellow) yet show in sunlight.  It reminds me of an oil slick.  How do you guys feel about "alternative" color? I definitely noticed it getting more popular these days, and I'm all for it!

16 comments :

  1. Oh I LOVE it!!! I really like the way your hair looks now and I am dying to see how it will look with more colors!!!
    I wanted to have a blue hair pretty much forever, but it needs too much maintenance in my hair then I am really willing to put...
    When I was younger I had pink and blue stripes in my hair, that looked a little like your yellow, but my curls very much hid then LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you what you mean about maintenance, I use a color-safe shampoo/conditioner to prevent fading.

      Delete
  2. Oh i love it! I normally stick around browns but would love to do something like this one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always recommend giving it a go, maybe try chalking your hair? It washes out easily.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I had pink streaks two summers ago and I miss them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get some done! Or try the the ombré techinque.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't stop playing with it, lol.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I have an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I always love seeing your hair posts.

      Delete
  7. awesome! i love 'strange and different' hair colors & styles (ok, i think you can tell a bit by my hair *cough*) and yellow is just great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I couldn't tell at all ;) I was a little apprehensive about the yellow, but I'm glad I did it.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!