Google

4.03.2012

Face of the Day: Featuring Benefit High Beam


Here is a quick face of the day I put together to go out to dinner with my dad.  Normally I use either a sticky primer (LaSplash eyeshadow sealer) or a creamy one (a Mattese Elite one that appears to be discontinued...)
However, since I was only going out to dinner, staying power was not really necessary.  So I decided to only use Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese all over my eyelids.

 
Once that was done, I whipped out my beloved Wet n Wild ColorIcon palette in Comfort Zone.  I applied the shade marked "EYELID", well, on my eyelid.  Then I used Sephora Colorful Mono Eyeshadow in Python Bag.  Python Page is described as "deep olive with silver glitter",  which is pretty accurate except the glitter is actually a little holographic.  While I do like this color, I have to be honest and say it is a little gritty (because of the glitter) and the payoff is not that great when used dry.  I wet my brush and started applying it to my crease and along my lower eyelid, including my waterline.  
I dabbed Urban Decay Dream eye shadow in Suburbia in my inner eye and brow bone as a highlight.  I also dabbed some Benefit High Beam directly under my brow as well.  I finished off with some mascara (Revlon Lash Fantasy) and then moved onto my lips.

I decided to go with CoverGirl LipPerfection in Divine.  I don't how they came up with the claim that "our formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days" because it dries my lips out! And if that weren't enough, it stains my lips as well.  But I'll put up with it because they have come out with some beautiful colors...  Normally I would use some nude lipliner to prevent bleeding/feathering, but I didn't need it to last all day.  I dabbed a smidgen of Benefit's High Beam to the center of my bottom lip to make it look a little fuller.

As for the rest of my face, I applied some Smashbox BB cream (this sample has last me awhile!) and decided to go with Nym Mosaic Powder in Plummy.  I felt like the plum colored tones would compliment the purple in Divine.  I know that in these photos, Divine looks rather pink but trust me, it's a pinky/lavender color.  Do you guys remember the Crayola crayon in "Orchid"? THAT'S what Divine looks like.  A little bit of High Beam on the tops of my cheekbones and I was out the door.

I really like using High Beam as a highlighter, it seems pretty fool-proof.  It was included in a Benefit's Full Glam Ahead kit at Sephora, which included Bad Gal Lash and Stay, Don't Stray.  I really like how Benefit always has these little sample kits, that how I discovered their Some Kind-A Gorgeous cream.  I'd definitely try out their other luminizers (Moon Beam and Sun Beam).

And for my girls with brown eyes, try using olive/khaki eye makeup.  I love those type of colors because I always feel that they make my eye color POP, plus it's really easy to wear with other lip colors.  I don't even want to get into how many olive liner and shadows I have, it's a bit embarrassing...  What kind of colors compliment your eyes?


4 comments :

  1. absolutely fabulous! I love it that you gave a blow by blow so I can DIY sometime!!! Very cool with the pink lip. I am passing on the "Get to know me" tag, details @ nailpolishanon.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I will definitely fill out the "Get to Know Me" tag, thanks for passing it along!xx

      Delete
    2. you have the BEST eyes for makeup!

      Delete
    3. Gracias, I'm glad these big eyeballs serve a purpose, haha.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!