Google

3.02.2012

NOTD - OPI Significant Other Color meets Wet n Wild Black Creme

   I decided to give glitter a break and go with some layering instead.  First of all, Wet n Wild makes THE best black nail polish ever.  It is glossy, one coat inky perfection.  Plus it's only 99cents and is super easy to find.  I think every pharmacy carries this polish.  I live in New York City and while I'm spoiled by everything that is readily available over here, I am rather envious of people who have Ulta's or Sally's near them.  We just don't have that here!  Even collections by Wet n Wild, Revlon, etc. take a minute to appear in Duane Reade/CVS/ Rite Aid.  Don't even get me started on Color Club and China Glaze, I have to order those online.  I can't be the only New Yorker obsessed with make-up?!   However I digress...

excuse the roughness, please!
   I came across OPI's Significant Other Color in a random beauty supply in Soho.  It was $6 so it was lower than the standard $8,$9 OPI price.  It is a light pinky, lavender with a golden-green flash to it.  I knew right away that it was going to be sheer so I didn't even bother to wear it alone.  I applied one coat of Black Creme and then went with one coat of Significant Other Color.  This polish definitely needs at least two coats.  At one coat, it was uneven and the flash wasn't as strong.  At the second coat, I was happy with how it looked.  Although if you want total evenness, you may want to do a third coat.  I topped it off with Seche Vite quick dry top coat.  Because I'm super smart, I went to sleep 10 minutes after I finished my manicure.  Truth be told, I did my nails in bed, watching a documentary on gender non-conformity (good stuff, I tell you!)  I woke up this morning to perfectly glossy, unbed-sheet marked nails.  This stuff definitely works.

    My thoughts: I love how this came out.  The green flash is super strong and glowy.  Significant Other Color, over black, turns it into a weird greenish/grayish/lavender color.  In low light, the lavender comes out to play.  This layering combo reminds me of a black pearl.

Products used:  Wet n Wild Shine Nail Color in Black Creme, OPI Significant Other Color *, Seche Vite quick Dry top coat.

*Does anyone know what collection this is from?  I'm curious to see what the other colors look like.
trying to show the lavender shift in low light.


6 comments :

  1. Hey girl! I came across your post and wanted to jump in - there are some fantastic places in NYC to find nail polish :) I don't want to be that person who says "check out my blog"... but seriously, I have an NYC nail polish shopping map :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! Love your blog!

      Delete
  2. OMG what a beutiful color !!!! I'm in love !!!! Y te queda precioso !!!! Have a nice Day !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias! Que tengas buen día tambíen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so hard to photograph, trust me, the pics don't do it justice!

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!