Google

3.08.2012

NOTD: Hits Speciallità Flocado in Flamenco

   I just received my somewhat massive haul of China Glaze polishes (pics to come) from Victoria's Nail Supply.    Half of the haul were from the Hunger Games collection, I couldn't resist!  However before I go on a crazy swatchfest, let me show you what I've been running around with on my nails.  This summer, I was lucky enough to go to Brazil with my husband and visit with his family.  I really loved Brazil and had a blast over there.  I was even luckier to come across the Hits Speciallità Flocada (Flake) collection.  I came back with about half of them and kicking myself for not buying the other half.   The polishes were all named after ballroom dances, which I thought was cute.


  I decided to go with Flamenco, a cherry red jelly with orange-yellow flakies.  I didn't want to waste it so I applied a coat of Essie Lollipop ( also a cherry red jelly/cream).  I proceeded to apply a coat of Flamenco, followed by Seche Vite topcoat.  Flamenco dried perfectly smooth, and went on evenly.  Not bad for a two coat manicure, huh?  I like how even though there is a base color, you can still see the flakies.   I could've gone with an extra coat for more flakeage but I was feeling a bit lazy and was happy with the result.
Look at the pretty colors! 
   Here is a close up of the bottle.  For some reason, Brazilian polishes are tiny, but this collection was worth it.  I have a few more so I would be have to swatch it if you guys were interested!  The formula was fantastic, the flakes went on evenly, I didn't have to fish them out.  I highly recommend this brand if you can get it.  They have a site up (in portuguese) but be warned, the shipping will be pricy.  If you live in North America, Llarowe might be your best option.


4 comments :

  1. Beautiful! Reminds me of one of the Nfu Oh flakies I have...can't remember the number though. I adore the combination of red jelly/orange flakes. Looks like fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias, I've been meaning to try out Nfu-Oh, just haven't gotten around to them. I wish they had names instead of numbers, haha.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, me too- they'd be A LOT easier to remember.

      Delete
  2. Wow, such a fiery colour I love it! Also can't wait for The Hunger Games to come out, I'm a big fan of the books!

    http://my-own-treasurechest.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!