Google

3.19.2012

Face of the Day


I've got a bit of a back log of photos I'd like to put up so hopefully I can post a little more often!  Here is a FOTD I did for a private workshop I was teaching.
  I always start with my eyes so that I can clean up before I put and type of "foundation" ( I stick with tinted mosturizer, usually).  I primed my eyelids with LASplash sealer since I was using loose shadow.  I went with a TaylorMade Minerals pigment in Nude, a light yellow beige with a slight sheen.  I want to say it has a satin finish?  Nude is neither shimmery not completely matte.  Since I wanted to wear a brightly colored lip, I wanted to keep the eyes simple.  In the crease area, I went with the dark brown color from my duped Too Faced Naturals palette, applying with a light hand.  I used Benefit Moonbeam as a highlight on my brow bone. I used Wet n Wild gel liner in black for my winged liner and Urban Decay liner in Perversion on my waterline.  I finished off my eyes with Revlon Lash Fantasy, using the primer on on my top lashes.  I really like this mascara!  Even without the primer, I see a difference in length. However, I get a more dramatic effect using a coat of primer.

I prepped my face with Bare Minerals primer, and then used Smashbox BB cream all over.  I used Nyx Mosaic blush in Paradise (a bright pink) very lightly, I was going for a flushed look.  I lined my lips using a nude Sephora lip liner, and then applied MAC So Chaud.  I've been looking for a good orange lipstick and So Chaud is definitely on that list!  It is matte and a bit drying, so I recommend priming lips with balm or applying a clear gloss on top. To be honest, I didn't do that because I didn't want to have to reapply my lipstick during a workshop.  Had I used a gloss, I probably would've talked the whole thing off, haha. So Chaud is a really wearable medium orange with red undertones.  It has great wear time, but it did stain my lips.  I highly suggest using lip liner to avoid any feathering.

All in all, I really liked how this lookcame together.  I've always loved more elaborate eye makeup but lately I've been into bright lips.  I recommend So Chaud for someone who wants to try orange lip color but maybe is a little scared of Morange (baby steps!) .

P.S. I'm leaving for Florida this week so posting may be sporadic.  Hope everyone is having a great week so far!

9 comments :

  1. I looove this look!! I have Morange and I absolutely love it... So Chaud is on my list now too, I'd like to take a step back for every day haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaaaaanks! I really love So Chaud, and it totally empowered me to purchase Morange.

      Delete
  2. I've been gravitating towards lip colour more often lately, too, even though I usually prefer more dramatic eyes. I'm also a fan of orange lipsticks, with MAC Electro (I think from the Neo Sci Fi collection?) being my favourite. I'm also pretty crazy about all the Revlon Lip Butters, and Tutti Frutti (lovely orange!) is no exception. Anyways- awesome FOTD! You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I get the sinking feeling that I'm gravitating towards bright lips because it makes my morning routine faster. Sleep will always be a priority with me, haha.

      Delete
    2. I think for me it was more about my new glasses; they have bigger plastic frames, and while I love how they look, I don't really notice my eye makeup much anymore. So I've started paying more attention to my lips (which is definitely quicker in the morning, you're absolutely right!).

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It took a little getting used to, but I'm glad I got it.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous makeup. You look beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!