Google

3.29.2012

Eye of the Day: Bronze Eyes

The micro glitter is there, trust me!

   Here's a really quick look I did before running out the door to go to work.  I started out using my trusty eye shadow sealer/base since I knew I was using a pigment. I decided to go with La Splash Diamond Dust in Bronzed Platinum, a bronze, rust color with some micro glitter.  I applied it over most of my eyelid, then I wet my brush and applied some more on the outer half of my lid.  By foiling it, the intensity increases, it almost looks like a completely different color!  For my inner lid, i went with Urban Decay cream eye shadow (which has been sadly discontinued) in Whipped, a light peachy shimmer.  I lined my waterline with Sephora Flashy Liner in Flashy Brown, a coppery metallic.  I finished it off with Revlon Lash Fantasy and ran out the door.

   Lately, I've really been into using copper liner, either Flashy Liner or La Splash liquid liner in Shipwreck Copper.  Or if I'm in a real rush, I turn to Hard Candy Eye Def Molten Metallic Cream (what a mouthful!) eye shadow in Fake Bake. To me, it's a fun way to pretend summer is here.  Also it always looks good with some bronzer and a light lip gloss.

What's your favorite on the run makeup?

7 comments :

  1. Love the bronze - and all metallics, makes eyes sparkle like diamonds ^^ Too bad my eyes are so weird shaped that most eyeshadows don`t look good on me - especially metallics uhh :/ Most of all I admire dark blue or purple metallic eye shadows..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always a bit wary of blue metallics, I feel like they stain my skin (the dyes, perhaps?), But I loooooove purple shadows. I always feel like I'm on the quest for the perfect purple shadow.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful bronze! I really love the Flashy Liner on the waterline! I use the same thing every day - NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Dark Brown. As shadow and as liner. I love it but I really should mix it up more! I think I'll have to try some bronze, it's not too far from brown but at least it would be something different!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way I've just tagged you for a blog award, see my post here! I thought you were a particularly good candidate for the Versatile Blogger Award because you blog about so many different things! Love it!

      Delete
    2. I love the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils. I like using French Fry or Iced Mocha for an inner eye highlight. Also Rust is super pretty. Thanks for the blog award, going to fill it out now!

      Delete
  3. Mmm, lovely bronze. I love metallic eye makeup.

    My "on-the-run" eye look is always the same: MAC Dazzlelight on the brow bone, across the lid, and in the inner corners of the eyes, and Satin Taupe in the crease and lower lash line. Slap some mascara on, and I'm done. I love Satin Taupe, most versatile shadow, in my opinion. <3 it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to check out Satin Taupe! I can't ever have enough eyeshadow, haha.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!