Google

3.08.2012

A Couple Eye of the Day(s) [PIC HEAVY]

   Sorry for the lack of posting, I just started my work week.  Let's be real, those vibrators won't sell themselves... Today was fairly normal, the highlight of my day may have been live-tweeting a G-Spot and Female Ejaculation workshop for my job(but that's a whole other post).  You guys can also keep up with my nonsense on Twitter as well! But onto the makeup!

   Here are a few different looks that I've been sporting.  First off, I'm very lucky to be working for a company that is encourages individuality and self-expression.  No subtle, work-friendly make-up for me!  Although in a rush, I always reach for a palette I was lucky to come across at Mandee's (I will shop anywhere there is a deal).  I'm convinced that it is a dupe for the Too Faced Natural Eye palette, except the colors are in a slightly different order.  The color payoff is great and it only set me back $7!  Numbers 1-3 and 7-9 are shimmery/metallic-ish and 4-6 are matte.









Look #1

The first look was done using #9 (golden metallic) on the entire eyelid (after using LaSplash primer), then I used #8(light brown metallic) lightly in the crease area, followed by #7(champagne shimmer) on my brow bone.  I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On eyeliner in Perversion on my waterline and the Nyx Super Fat Marker on the top eyelid.  I finished the whole look off with Revlon Lash Fantasy.
 The reason I kept the eyes somewhat simple and neutral was because I was in the mood for a bright lip color.  I went with Cover Girl Perfection lipcolor in Divine (btw one of my favorite drag queens ever!!!) which is a creamy light purple color with pink undertones.  The great thing is that it still has enough blue to keep your teeth looking white.  I love this color HARD.  My one big complaint is that it stains like a motherfucker on me.  Like it stains so hard the next day I only have to put clear gloss and it looks like I have lipstick on.  I haven't worn it 7 days in a row but it also dries my lips out something fierce.  I usually put some lip balm over it and that works fine.  But look at the color!!!  It's what keeps me coming back. 

Look #2


The second look, I went with colors 4-6 (the matte colors), which is rare because I'm usually not into matte colors.  Color #5 (a light taupe) went over my eyelid (I used LaSplash metallic cream shadow as base*) I then applied #6 (a dark brown) on the crease.  I applied it very lightly, and blended it well.  On my brow bone I used #4 (light cream color).   I used Nyx  Super Fat Marker and winged it out and used Perversion on my waterline.  I went with the same mascara as the previous look.  I've had great success with it, I feel like it lengthens my lashes even without using the primer it comes with.

   I wasn't able to get a close-up of my lipstick but I took a pic of my face so you guys can see how it came together.  I wanted a glossy red color so I went with Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple.  Since I do not have a subtle bone in my body, I built the color up until it was opaque enough for me.  I need to remember to use a lip liner as it does bleed a little.  I cannot say enough about this lip butter, I keep reaching for it and Lollipop ( a fuchsia color).  I applied Smashbox Camera Ready bb cream and I was good to go!


 Look #3

   I decided to go with a little more color on my eyes with this look.  Since I was using a pigment, I used LaSplash primer because it is pretty sticky.  It holds on to pigment like glue and it will last all day, plus I can find it at Duane Reade for less than $8.  I used Antique by Taylor Made Minerals ( a now defunct mineral line) all over my eyelid.  Antique is a smoky olive color with golden, red, and green sparkles.  For the crease, I wet my brush applied Antique, making it more pronounced.  I went with #1(beige shimmer) on my brow bone.

For my eyeliner, I used LaSplash liquid liner in Shipwreck Copper, a metallic bronze color.   I winged out my liner, applied mascara and ran out the door.  If you want low-key eye makeup, trying using brown or bronze, as black can sometimes be too harsh.


I really love using LaSplash products, I find them to be fantastic in quality, price and range of colors.  I love using their liquid liners, however my eyes are not sensitive so be cautious if yours are!  They can be found at Duane Reade, Cherry Culture or LaSplash . 


 Below I've included swatches of Antique and Shipwreck copper:

Antique (dry), Shipwreck Copper, and Antique (wet)

*I used it as a base to see if it was worth keeping around.  It is unfortunately the first LaSplash product that was a dud for me.  It's ok as a primer, my make-up lasted a decent amount of time.  It claims to be a metallic cream shadow.  It was: 1. not metallic, it was shimmery,  2. not pigmented, I had to keep going over it and 3. not very creamy, it felt a little dried out.  It really gave me a case of the sads.
 
I know that this was a rather lengthy entry so thanks for sticking it out!  Let me know if you guys enjoy these types of posts!  

8 comments :

  1. Beautiful! And I just needed to add: OMG, Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop might be the best lip product I've ever tried. Ever. I love it to death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, why didn't they come out with these before! All the $ I've spent trying to achieve the same effect.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Merci! Let's chat about IMATS soon?

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!