Google

3.28.2012

China Glaze Moulin Rouge and the Macy's Flower Show (PIC HEAVY)

the poster.  60's vibe, no?

  I went to see the Hunger Games yesterday, unfortunately I was not wearing a Hunger Games nail color... I decided to go with China Glaze's Moulin Rouge, which was part of the massive glitter, creme and shimmer collection from a few years back.  It's a reddish-pink jelly full of tiny iridescent pink and blue glitter.  I was looking for something bright and cheery, to combat the cold, windy weather in NYC, and Moulin Rouge totally fit the bill.  In the bottle it looks red but it leans more pink on me.  I'll include swatches below.



I really liked the movie, even though I haven't finished all of the books. My husband, on the other hand, wasn't that into it.  As we were walking around  34th St., we came across the Macy's Flower Show.  Since it was free, we decided to go in, I mean why turn down free stuff?  This year's theme was Brazil, so it was a lot of tropical flowers, especially orchids.  Orchids happen to be among my favorite flowers, so I was happy to check it out.  I was even happier when I found out that they allowed pictures, so get ready for some picture spam, haha.
The official mascot of the flower show.  The toucan was entirely made of flowers!

I loved all of the colors!
amazing orchids
  




As you can see, I really love orchids!  All of the flowers were so beautiful, I couldn't believe I was in NYC.



2 comments :

  1. Wow, I had no idea China Glaze had a polish called Moulin Rouge! I'll have to pick it up one of these days! Love the flower show pictures, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The collection it was part of was so big, it was easy to overlook. I was torn between Moulin Rouge and Dynasty (another red glitter jelly), I may still pick up Dynasty since Moulin Rouge looked rather pinkish on me.
    I was blown away by the flowers, especially since I love anything tropical. I'm thinking of going to the Botanical Gardens for the orchid show since I live within walking distance. I'll definitely post pics when I do!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!