Google

3.26.2012

China Glaze Capitol Colors Swatches

   I really wanted to see the Hunger Games over the weekend but almost every showing was sold out! So I bought matinee tickets,  along with the hubby ( he's hasn't read any of the books).  I may need to do this more often!  Each ticket only came out to $6 each, which for New York City, is insanely cheap...  I can't wait to see this movie, even though I haven't read the whole series (sacrilege, I KNOW).  

   I purchased some of the polishes from the China Glaze Hunger Games collection, awhile back but have been pretty lax about posting them...  I honestly wasn't crazy about the creme colors (I'm not really a creme fan, glitter runs through my veins) but I really liked the metallics and glitters.  The only one that is missing is Riveting because it was sold out when I made my haul from Victoria Nail Supply, but I'll be sure to include it in my next order.  This time I got : Fast Track, Agro, Stone Cold, Harvest moon, Luxe and Lush, and Electrify.  For my swatches, I decided to show Luxe and Lush and Electrify layered over each color.  I've seen people build up Electrify to opacity but I wanted to spare my nails.

    Here is Fast Track, a nude with golden shimmer.  Pictures do not do this color justice!  To me, it's as if China Glaze's Knotty and Classic Camel got together and had a dystopian baby.  For reals, I was ready to give this to my sister, who loves colors like this.  Tough luck, sis!  While I do like it with Electrify , I really like how Luxe and Lush looks over it.  This definitely a work friendly color with out being boring.  

   Here is Agro, an olive green metallic/shimmer.  I loved this one as well, it reminded me of a much lighter version of China Glaze Wagon Trail, what with the golden shimmer.  You can even see some red shimmer up close.  I was wary of getting brush strokes when I was painting my nails but it evened itself out when it dried.  I can see Electrify looking fun as a glitter gradient.  Luxe and Lush looks awesome over it., it brings out the red and orange in the flakes.

   Here is Harvest Moon, a coppery foil.  This is not a color I thought I would like but I do.  It practically flowed onto my nails.  Pics don't show how glowy this is, I can only imagine how it looks in sunlight (my pics are taken indoors).  I like both Luxe and Lush and Electrify over this color.  The flakes show up more greenish, in my opinion.


Last but not least, here is Stone Cold.  It is a shimmery gray matte, the finish is similar to the OPI Suede collection.  I only had to do one coat and it was perfect.  Since it's matte, it dried super fast.  I can already tell that this is going to be my go to when I'm in a rush.  I wore this as a manicure and it chipped a bit fast.  I'm not surprised since it's a matte and I didn't put any top coat.  Since I can't leave well enough alone, I layered Luxe and Lush and then used a topcoat.  I couldn't stop looking at my nails and neither could customers! LOOOOOOVE this combo.


Every polish, with the exception of Stone Cold, was opaque in two coats.  I didn't bother with topcoat since i was only swatching.  The glitter may look rough or gritty, this was not the case.  Also the flakes in Luxe and Lush dry flat, unlike Color Club's Covered In Diamonds ( one of THE worst polishes in my stash...but that's another post) All in all, I am very happy with my purchases and customer service from Victoria Nail Supply, I've been ordering from them for a while.  My polishes always arrive perfectly intact and well protected.  And now, I'm off to the movies!

What are your favorite colors from this collection? I don't think I can name a favorite...Did you watch The Hunger Games?  What did you think of it?  


   

6 comments :

  1. I love this collection! I think my favorite is Riveting, but I like all the ones that you picked up as well. I did see Hunger Games this weekend, I liked it well enough but I thought the books were better =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get Riveting, it looks good in every swatch I've seen. I liked the movie a lot but can't wait until I finish the books.

      Delete
  2. Love your pictures of these! It's fun to see how the topcoats look over the base colours... Stone Cold + Luxe and Lush looks amazing. I think my favourite colour is Riveting- it's the most amazing pigmented sparkly tangerine orange with gold shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I def think Stone Cold + Luxe and Lush may be be one of my fave combos. On the other hand, Luxe and Lush looks good over everything!

      Delete
  3. This is a great collection! My favorites are Riveting, Harvest Moon, and Agro. Your swatches are lovely! :D

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I honestly can't make up my mind. Agro is definitely one of them.

      Delete

Feel free to comment below, I'll try my best to get back to you!